You have the opportunity to take part in one of three workshops on September 25, 2017. Free workshop attendance is included in the GOLD and SILVER conference packages.
To ensure in-depth knowledge transfer the number of participants is limited.
|hosted by Philipp Storz|
• Introduction to the architecture of BAREOS
• Interacting components of BAREOS
• Discussing BAREOS configuration and main features
• Adaption of the preconfigured standard backup scheme
Attendees are kindly asked to contribute configuration tasks which they want to have solved.
|hosted by Daniel Neuberger|
• Global introduction about Puppet and how to use puppet
• Automation of rolling out a BAREOS infrastructure
• How to automate the scaling of your BAREOS setup
|hosted by Jörg Steffens & Maik Außendorf
• Examine the API's functionality, including
• Running standard and modified backup jobs
• Creating clients
• Searching for data in the backups
• Running restore jobs
• Retrieving status and performance information
• Hands on examples
• Using bconsole and shell-pipe to script BAREOS commands
• Using the python-bareos class to script Bareos with Python
• Use ACLs to restrict API usage
• Example: restrict API usage to let a certain user only access backup data for a dedicated computer.
The following services are included in all workshops:
The workshops are taking place at the conference hotel on September 25, 2017 from 2 pm to 6 pm.